Digi-video capture and editing

bamfiesler 09:30 26 Jan 05

Lucky enough to get a mini-dv cam at Christmas. I know I'll need a capture card and an editing program. I pulled DVD Xmaker off the recent PCA cover disk, but can anyone advise me on both these issues?

Thnax to all etc.

pj123 10:33 26 Jan 05

Using the search box on the left of your screen, (not the search box at the top of the screen) type in vhs to dvd. Should bring up about 21 previous threads on the subject. Have a read through. Should get you started.

bamfiesler 10:45 26 Jan 05

Thanx

daisy2bell 10:56 26 Jan 05

I have just done it.
Got a Sony mini DV camcorder.
Just bought a new PC and it came pre-loaded with "InterVideo Win DVD creater"
I had to instal the camcorder's software, and now I connect the camcorder via the USB (computer) and USB (Camcorder) and can upload the film and burn it to disk.

Hope this helps.

PS. If you also have an old Analogue camcorder, you can hook it up to the digi camcorder and transfer these as well.

961 11:13 26 Jan 05

If your camera has dv in and dv out using firewire then a firewire card, about £18 from someone like Novatech will do

Microsoft has a free movie maker programme to download which works well and is easy to use. You can then decide which editor you need to buy, if any

oldbeefer2 14:35 26 Jan 05

I have a Sony editing suite which is very comprehensive and easy to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…