Digi camera woes

spider man 23:19 27 May 03

Just brought a digi camera and installed the software, now i,ve got problems elsewhere with programes locking up and being advised i've to quit some applications as i've run out of RAM.
A Re/boot cured the RAM problem but prog's still locking up, ie Reel player, photo shop 7, Image ready 7. Have to shut down to clear it... Any ideas people or shall i get me old polaroid out ?

ton 23:27 27 May 03

If you get a card reader you won't need the software. It's quicker too. I think they start at about £10

woodchip 23:32 27 May 03

Get Cacheman.exe and let that manage your memory click here

monkeyshine 23:57 27 May 03

As ton says, get a card reader and ditch the camera software.

spider man 23:59 27 May 03

Thanks for the advise Ton but this particular piece of hardware has not a removable card mem must be fixed internal, not so bad it gives 40 in high res, 120 in low, do till i get some extra dosh. Gotta start somewhere.. Cheers

spider man 00:03 28 May 03

Cheers for the download Woodchip it's in and running will see how it goes over the next few days, still learning as this is my first Digi taker, out of interest how do you and others link to another site like that ???? very handy for us novices...

monkeyshine 00:07 28 May 03

It's done automatically, just copy and paste the link, it will be converted to "click here".

ton 00:08 28 May 03

How to 'link to another site'? Just put in the site address and it will change to 'click here' when you post.

woodchip 00:11 28 May 03

Look in the menu in Cacheman for different settings

GroupFC 00:13 28 May 03

I know!

Open the site you want to make a link to in another window,right click the address in the adress bar and copy. Come back to the posting that you are making, right click and paste.

Hey presto all done! The gremlins at PCA turn into a click here when you send your posting!

GroupFC 00:14 28 May 03

Beaten to it!

Must learn to type faster!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…