digi camera woes!!!

NIGEY 09:32 09 Sep 03

hi gang...
Can anyone please help? Ive been using my digi cam with no bother transferring pictures to hard drive with no bother,that is until i got a 32meg sd mem card to put in it to store more pics.now when i try to put pics of cam to hard drive via usb cable a little dialog box pops up saying the scanner and camera wizard cannot work with this device to work with the pics in this devive click start/programs/my computer and double click the device to work with the pics.....well when i do the camera isnt there ....but when i take out mem card from camera it all works perfectly again???? any ideas please....im running wxp home edition than in advance all
nigey;-)

Jester2K II 09:35 09 Sep 03

when i do the camera isnt there

Is there a drive called Removable Drive?? If so then that is your camera. Have a look in it.

Also did you format the new card before using it???

NIGEY 09:35 09 Sep 03

sorry all me and my typing... it also says some files and folders connected with this device are secured by windows....hope that helps thanx again sorry for any confusion
nigey;-)

NIGEY 09:37 09 Sep 03

yes jester formatted card twice and also double clicked removable drive but all it does is open a empty folder m8?

Jester2K II 09:39 09 Sep 03

No other folders inside?? On my camera i have to go down three folder before i get to the pictures.

What camera do you have?

Have you tried reinstalling the USB drivers for the camera?

NIGEY 09:41 09 Sep 03

no totally empty folder m8...ill try reinstall usb drivers m8 but if i take out mem card then xp just grabs the pics no probs....but this memcard well thats when fun n games start

Bodi 09:43 09 Sep 03

and what make of Digital Camera?

Some cameras, as you probably know, come with their own "thumbnail program"/display. Is there one installed, and if so, is this setup as default?

You might have to re-install the camera software or the 32MB SD card may be faulted.

Hope this helps.

Bodi

Bodi 09:44 09 Sep 03

Sorry Jester - er great minds? (not in my case)

Bodi

Jester2K II 09:56 09 Sep 03

" if i take out mem card then xp just grabs the pics no probs"

How does XP grab the pics if the card is NOT there? Does the camera have built in memory??

anchor 17:00 09 Sep 03

What camera have you got. It seems as if there is an inbuilt memory.

Can you see the pictures taken on the SD card using the cameras own LCD display?; if so, then the card is probably OK.

Consider getting a SD USB card reader; Sevenday shop have one for £9.49.

click here

(its the third from the bottom)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…