digi camera not connecting through USB

hannahr 23:29 04 Nov 03

Just bought Olympus digi cam- C-150, i cannot seem to connect it through USB lead, my computer won't seem to aknowledge it. please help me, any idea's would be much appreciated!

LastChip 23:53 04 Nov 03

but have you loaded the software FIRST?

hannahr 00:00 05 Nov 03

Yes, loaded software, when i tried to load pictures for first time computer couldn't detect camera through USB cable, had similar problems with printer a while ago, i think it's now on a parellel cable? any ideas?

Simon_P 00:16 05 Nov 03

What OS are you using?

hannahr 00:20 05 Nov 03

I'M AFRAID I'M NOT THE MOST COMPUTER LITERATE PERSON, WHAT'S AN OS?!

LastChip 00:23 05 Nov 03

When you boot up, on the very first screen, you will see a message similar to;

To enter the BIOS press Delete.

It my be the Delete key or an "F" key or something else, but whatever it is, press it and you will enter the BIOS setup pages.

If your not familiar with this, you cannot use a mouse at this point, so navigation is via the arrow keys, Esc, Enter and Tab normally.

Look for the page "Integrated Peripherals" highlight it (arrow keys) and press enter. Now look for "Onboard USB Controller" and make sure it is set to "Enabled". If it is "Disabled" use the Page Up / Page Down keys to change the setting. Look at the bottom of the page for the key to tell you what to do to save the settings and exit. (normally something like F10).

DO NOT change any other settings in the BIOS, as changing settings here can cause your machine not to boot up.

If it is already turned on (Enabled), just exit the BIOS without changing anything. Let us know the result please.

Simon_P 00:29 05 Nov 03

Operating system "windows"

hannahr 00:34 05 Nov 03

WIN98

Simon_P 00:52 05 Nov 03

I dont have (cant remember) much about Win 98

LastChip's advice is a good starting point. I would try that and see if it sheads any light.

As you are using Win 98 I am wondering if there is USB support/ motherboard drivers installed on your system?

anchor 08:29 05 Nov 03

To determine whether your version of Windows supports USB, have a look here for help:

click here

Jester2K II 08:33 05 Nov 03

When the camera is plugged in, is it switched on?? My FujiS304 needs to be plugged in to be recognised...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…