Digi Camera

Pete 20:31 30 Apr 04

I am thinking about buying my first digital camera.i am no david bailey,just a average family man who wants to take family shots and download them on my pc .I just want something that is small,gives good quality picci's and will give me long reliable service.i do like the look of the nikon 3100...any suggestions anyone...

jonnytub 20:46 30 Apr 04

one of the big retailers such as dixons or comet (dont remember which, may be worth checking their websites) are selling a 4 million pixel fuji finepix for £99 quid, don't care what anyoone says, you can't be robbed for that!!

woodchip 20:47 30 Apr 04

This is the on to go for click here

woodchip 20:50 30 Apr 04

They are CMOS not CCD devices, Also only Digital zoom you can do that in a Photo Edit program by cropping a pic and zoom in but it’s then all blocky

jonnytub 20:51 30 Apr 04

heres the link lok for yourself they have a few reasonably price cameras here click here

jonnytub 20:53 30 Apr 04
  jonnytub 20:54 30 Apr 04

the fuji i refer to has a 3 optical zoom

woodchip 21:00 30 Apr 04

Sorry to say this Jonny but the FUJI is a interpolated capture device. Its only a 2Mp

shizzy 21:07 30 Apr 04

I have the Nikon Coolpix 2100 which has just been replaced with a new model and couldn't be more happy with it. I can print very satisfactory A4 photos.

deadneat 21:08 30 Apr 04

you wont go wrong with this click here you can get it for abot £200ish

hssutton 21:25 30 Apr 04

The Fuji that jonnytub suggests is an optical zoom so should be ok, as Woodchip suggests digital zoom is a total waste of time. Just a sales gimmick.

Not sure if Woodchip is suggesting Cmos sensors are not as good as CCD, the top selling DSLRs use Cmos, and I can tell you from experience they are superb, ask any Canon user.

Nikon Coolpix 3100 Digital from ebuyer or Amazon, should be ideal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…