Dig cameras - buy + sell advice.

Derek 09:11 03 Jan 04

I feel that I should move up to a better spec camera and looking through a recent thread, I'm taken with the Canon S50.
I want to dispose of my Minolta Dimage EX. This is a quality camera which takes the most wonderfull pictures and I wonder if I'm doing the right thing.
Advice please on, if I do change, where can I expect to have my Minolta taken in part exchnage ?

Diemmess 09:33 03 Jan 04

Whether 35mm film equipment or digital, the price in part exchange is so low for all but the most prestigious models that you must consider the old a write-off.

If lucky and persistent you may be able to sell privately for a more sensible price, but for "sensible" think in terms of about half you thought of in the first place!

User-312386 09:46 03 Jan 04

part exchange as Diemmess says is so low i would not bother.

Why not try and sell it on ebay click here for a slightly higer price

Stuartli 12:37 03 Jan 04

If your Minolta (I have an E203 and this morning my mate ordered the E223 for £117.50, which is basically the same camera at half the price!) is a quality model (it is) and takes wonderful pictures, why change?

Remember - if it ain't broke don't fix it..:-)

Cameras are for taking pictures after all, rather than always having to have the latest and greatest specifications; that's for camera club nerds or professional photographers whose livelihood depends on producing top quality.

Sheila-214876 12:56 03 Jan 04

I have just bought the new Minolta Dimage Z1. Fantastic 3.2mp with 10x optical zoom. It's almost an SLR. You either use the LCD screen or the electronic viewfinder (you can actually hear the mirror when switching to viewfinder). Supposed to have internal and external flash with Sync. although I haven't found the external flash connector yet. I got it for £260 plus £10 carriage (from Bristol Cameras). Go to click here and check out the full spec and where to buy.

anchor 12:59 03 Jan 04

The S50 Canon is an excellent choice. I bought one in the summer of last year, and have taken 100`s of pics with it.

If you would like to see an example, straight as it came out of the camera on auto setting, (nothing done to it whatsoever), 1.48Mb, see here:

click here

However, Jessops will price match any UK based web supplier who have it in stock. I saved a packet last June quoting>

click here

Cant help with any advice about selling your Minolta, but you could ask at Jessops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…