dig camera

joe95 14:45 21 Aug 04

I have a Nikon coolpix 3100 my questions are what do I use to process my snaps Windows, Nikon or Adobe photo 2.I use card reader to download pics and use Win photo editor but they all seem to finish up in different files.

I have been advised through this forum to save my snaps as Tiffs but in the drop down box of save as there is no Tiif only jpeg listed.

By the way the camera is superb.
Thanks Joe

john-232317 15:05 21 Aug 04

They should all go to a default folder, ie my photos, but every download will be a different file. just make a new folder/folders in my photos and when you have edited the photos drag them in.

pj123 15:16 21 Aug 04

That's because your camera only takes them as jpeg so that is what they are. You would need something like Irfanview (download free from click here) or Paint Shop Pro and re-save them as tif.

joe95 15:31 21 Aug 04

thanks.
I have playing around managed to change to Tiffs on my card usingAdobe and then dragged from card to my docs seems to have worked what do you both think?
joe

pj123 16:43 21 Aug 04

Looking at your camera spec it is roughly the same as my Nikon Coolpix 2500, which also came with a 16mb CF card. I would suggest you buy a bigger CF card, I now have a 128mb card. You would also find it a lot easier to transfer the pictures from camera to hard disk via a card reader. Check out Ebuyer at click here and scroll down the page a bit. The best way is to transfer all the pictures from the camera to the PC in their original format, then make copies (using irfanview). Now you can clear the camera card ready for the next set.

joe95 17:04 21 Aug 04

pj123
have 256mb card and card reader.when I connect to PC with card reader Win photo editor pops up is that the way to transfer pictures?
joe

hssutton 17:43 21 Aug 04

Joe, Save your original Jpeg at full size, then always work on a copy of the full size Jpeg. This will save any deterioration to the original image. I doubt that you will see much difference if you convert to Tiff.

I have created a number of folders with suitable names IE. "flowers" "Bugs" "Landscapes" which are on my desktop. It is then a simple matter of routing the images to a suitable folder, via the "Save As".

I would recommend that, initially you use only one of your image editing suites, my preference, being a Photoshop user would be Adobe Photo.

If your images are scattered about your H/drive, this freeware program click here locate them for you, It will also allow you to do basic editing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…