Difficulty of making DVD's

robhawk 00:27 09 Sep 07

I have successfully used Ulead Studio 10 with my PC to make a 25 minute video as an avi file which is on an external hard disk.
But I cannot make a DVD from this which will play on a DVD player, although the DVD I made played back on my computer. I used Ulead to do this.
Then I asked Nero how to do it. They said make a video file on my PC hard disk first and then burn to DVD on my external DVD dual layer burner using Nero. I am have used dual layer disks both DVD+R as well as DVD-R.
Good ideas would be welcomed.

you could try this
click here

ICF 07:13 09 Sep 07

Have you got Nero Vision with your installation of Nero?
If you have start it up and select make DVD then DVD VIDEO.Just drop your avi file in to the main window of Nero Vision.

eedcam 09:32 09 Sep 07

As Raven suggests use dvd flick even if you have Nero

holme 09:55 09 Sep 07

Could this be a simple transcoding problem from .avi I wonder?

Can I suggest you try re-importing the file back into ULead Studio 10 and re-saving ('Share') it in the format for direct DVD-burning, i.e. "PAL MPEG2 720x576, 25fps". Then try another burn, on a DVD-R disc.

Then even if VideoStudio still won't burn the disc properly, at least the file is in the right format for trying with other burning software.

(I have to say we don't get on at all well with Nero and, if we need something else, we use the freebie DeepBurner from click here - in the CD and DVD Tools section - which has never failed us.)

But we've use ULead VideoStudio from v9 to 10 Plus without seeing this difficulty, so I hope this helps.

jbaker65 09:57 09 Sep 07

AVS Video Converter will burn a DVD from several video formats including AVI. You can try it free and if you like it, it is quite cheap to buy. (about $30 I think)

robhawk 23:09 16 Sep 07

Thank you to all who responded. I think the problem was at least partly due to choosing the right disk to use. DVD-R was the best answer. I had also taken the trouble to get DVD-R in dual layer form from Germany (! via Amazon) but it was a waste of time and money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5