Difficulty with internet on BB.

Meshuga 15:41 09 Aug 04

My OS is XP Home and am on BB. As soon as I boot up the 2 little monitors appear in the task bar and it shows that I am connected and tells me at what speed. I then click on OE and am told that the page cannot be displayed.The same thing happens with Hotmail or any page I wish to open. Outlook Express does open though. The puzzling thing is that if I go over to using my normal dialup modem connected to my lineone account, everything works normally. How can I rectify this please. What should I be looking for.? My adsl connections are through a DG834 Netgear modem/router and the connections are Ethernet connection on pc to router,router to adsl connection on filter in bt conn.Power supply plugged in to router. 3 lights are on in router,namely, power, connection, No1 port on router.All lights are solid, not flashing. No other pcs are connected. Can anyone help please.Meshuga.

Meshuga 15:47 09 Aug 04

Dont know if this will help but my OE is with tiscali but my BB is provided by Metronet. Is there anything I need to alter.Meshuga.

TomJerry 15:57 09 Aug 04

(1) Router and Ethernet adaptor setting. Router should set "Allocate IP address dynamically". Ethernet adaptor should be set "Get IP address dynamically".

(2) Can you log into Router's setup page to check if connection between router and isp is estabalished. Normally this means no light flash.

(3) Proxy server setting. If your ISP use a proxy server, you need to set this up using the proxy server address they supplied. in IE, click tools and Internet Options, then "Connections", then "LAN setting", you can set Proxy server there.

(4) By the way, have you connect microfilter correctly? Do not use one filter after another.

Meshuga 16:35 09 Aug 04

To answer your last question first,there is only one filter in the line between the socket the pc is plugged into and BT master box,this line is direct.All phones are on a separate extention. Being a novice at this I am afraid that some of your suggestions are a bit over my head so I am printing this out and will gfet a friend who is more knowledgeable to assist me. Thanks for your help.Meshuga.

Meshuga 17:07 09 Aug 04

Decided to have a go myself and followed your suggestions and everything seemed ok according to the setup booklet but i decided to reenter my password although it was correct and immediately i was greeted with a message which said,Congratulations, you have succesfully set up your netgear.I dont know why or how but there it is. Many thanks for your help.Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…