Difficulty installing USB 2.0 Hub

Williams 15:10 08 Dec 03

Tried to install a Belkin 5 Port Hub but get the message "There was a problem installing the hardware. An error occurred during installition. The data is invalid" I have tried 2 separate PCI 1 slots but same message. Any suggestions? Also what is the internal 5th Port for . I use Windows XP with Service Pack 1.Pc is Mesh Matrix 1700

Djohn 15:25 08 Dec 03

Service pack 1 should recognise the hub, if it's connected by a USB lead to the motherboard. If you are connecting a PCI card, then you may need to install the drivers for the card first.

If you do need to install the card/hubs own drivers, then do this before installing the hardware.

I think the 5th. internal port of the card will be to connect to a front faceplate on the tower to give one port at the front j.

Djohn 15:28 08 Dec 03

You may need to go into your BIOS and check that USB is enabled, if you are already using other USB hardware, then no need to check. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…