Difficult WAV to MP3

m800afc 18:11 19 Jun 08

I have a number of WAV audio files which will not play and will not convert to MP3.
I have tried the following, Windows Media player 10, Media Monkey, Quick Time, Real player and Nero. I have also tried NCH Switch, Super C, Audacity, C Dex, and 3 or 4 free converters from Download.Com. The rest of the WAV's in the same batch present no problem. In properties the difficult files are simply wav audio files, no further information is given. How can I verify that that the respective files are complete and undamaged (or not). If they are complete, how can I convert them, directly or indirectly, to MP3. If I could at least play them I may be able to use Audacity to rerecord them.

daba 19:42 19 Jun 08

My guess if none of the programs you've tried won't play them, then they are either corrupted, or are not WAV type files at all, even if they have the .wav extension.

As you say - from the same batch, so I guess the former - corrupted..

grey george 20:03 19 Jun 08

You don't say where these files have come from, did you make them or download them from some where? There could be rights management issues. You could try renaming them as wma or mp3 or even txt and see if you can examine them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple