//some 3rd party need geo

Difficult photos bit size question...

sorefingers 22:28 20 Jun 04

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to "downsize" a digital photo.
I have "blown up" a small mono photo and liked the effect when printed..ie a very blocky result.
I could count the individual pixels.
I would like to "shrink" a colour photo and change the bit size in order to increase to size with the "blocky" effect.
Is this feasable?

Totally-braindead 22:31 20 Jun 04

Don't know how well it would work but you could try saving it as a JPEG, should have the option for file size, low quality to high quality, if you save it as lower quality it MAY be what you're looking for.

VoG II 22:32 20 Jun 04

What is the file extension? - - e.g. .bmp. .jpg etc.

sorefingers 22:34 20 Jun 04

Tried that T-B...but it still leaves the original number of bits in each pixel ie 8 bit equals 64 per pixel I think!!

sorefingers 22:35 20 Jun 04

...mostly if not all .jpgs

Totally-braindead 22:35 20 Jun 04

What graphics progs do you have? Ie Photoshop or whatever and whats your operating system?

sorefingers 22:37 20 Jun 04

PSP 7 and XP home 2.66 ghz 512mb

hugh-265156 22:37 20 Jun 04

try using paint shop pro trial click here and try using the effects/distortion effects/ 'pixelate' and set to 10 or 12 or higher to get a nice effect.

just resize the photo what ever smaller size you want to first before applying the effect to it.

VoG II 22:37 20 Jun 04

.jpgs are already compressed (lossy format). So although by no means an expert in this, I do not believe that you can usefully compress further.

Totally-braindead 22:41 20 Jun 04

Haven't used PSP for a long time but there may be something in it which does what you want. In Photoshop 6 its tools, I think the effects then mosiac to give you the effect I think you want. Perhaps the others can help with PSP 7

Totally-braindead 22:42 20 Jun 04

Just read huggyg71s answer could be thats it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…