different users, same password

raggy 2 20:36 09 Nov 04

Hi can anyone help, I am trying to stop someone at working spending all day on internet, now he doesnt have permission but shares a pc with about 5 others, if someone logs on the internet with their user name and password, then even if they log out but leave pc turned on, the next person can logged on with their user name and dont need a password for the internet, sounds confusing but any help.
PS its running windows 2000

kev.Ifty 23:16 09 Nov 04

I have no idea if this will work in your case but it may be worth trying. I am assuming that windows is saving the password as an auto complete.

In XP this can be changed by going to TOOLS/OPTIONS/CONTENT/AUTO COMPLETE then untick the User Names and Passwords. I'm not sure about 2000. Hopefully this might jog someone else to answer!!

Kev.

recap 09:12 10 Nov 04

A question raggy 2, does the user need to log in to a seperate Internet server before gaining access to the Internet or does Windows automatically log them in?

Also, are you running Windows 2000 Server?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…