The Different Types of Flashplayer

Phoenix40 00:44 24 Feb 14

Hello what is the difference between a Flashplayer Active X and a Flashplayer Plugin? I have Wins Vista and recently i had installed both, but it seems the Active X one seems to cause my computer to crash when playing certain games. And when i do a recommended system restore i discover that i have to reinstall the recent Flashplayer Active X again. Had to do it twice while playing an online game. I have uninstalled the plugin version and just kept to the Active X one until my computer crashes again. Is it common for this to happen and do i have the right one installed? Hope someone can clarify on this and make sure i have the right version thank you.

Phoenix40 10:49 24 Feb 14

Hello thanks for your reply, that clarifies that, but can the Flashplayer Active X cause interference with other software i.e online games to cause the computer to crash? Thanks for any help.

rdave13 11:03 24 Feb 14

It might be that it is corrupted so causing a crash. How to uninstall flash, click here, and select the Windows version after selecting your Operating System, here.

Phoenix40 14:10 24 Feb 14

Hello thanks for your help ive uninstalled the present one and reinstalled it from your page site. Finally besides the type of Wins youre using it says on the bottom tab theres two options one is for internet explorer and the other for other web browsers. I use mainly internet explorer which is the one i downloaded; is the other one the Flashplayer plugin version for like Mozilla and web browsers? Do i need to install that one as well? Let me know thanks.

rdave13 15:29 24 Feb 14

The other is the plugin for other browsers. If you decide to use Firefox, for instance, it will notify you when needed so not necessary until then.

Phoenix40 16:08 24 Feb 14

Hello thanks for that! So far it seems stable at the moment. But when i reinstalled it i wondered if there was a corruption with the registry and i used the Piriform registry cleaner to check. There did seem to be a problem with the previous installation of the flashplayer so i fixed it before i reinstalled it. So far it seems fine thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…