Different sound quality on a dual boot system

Pathologist 17:58 16 Jul 10

I have a dual boot computer - Win 7, which I don't want just yet until I can get used to it, and XP Pro SP3. These OSs are on different hard drives. The sound on the Win 7 screens is perfect, especially the microphone sensitivity; on the XP screens the sounds generated by the OS, such as the startup sound, are loud and clear. However, all other sounds generated by the programs themselves, such as email arrival sounds, are very faint. The microphone sensitivity is especially poor. I've looked at every setting that I can find, but with no success. Any ideas as to what more I can try?
JB

Ex plorer 19:39 16 Jul 10

This may be a daft thought but anything is worth a try lower the volumes on 7 and lift them on XP sort of share them out would this do the trick.

Ashrich 21:00 22 Jul 10

This shows how improved drivers for a new OS can make a difference .

What make of sound card , embedded or otherwise , is it , quite a few will have a listing in control panel for further tweaks .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…