different setttings for viewing distances?

jonnytub 19:26 24 Jul 04

Hi all, earlier on today my keyboard went kaput after the typical lager spill from the night before you hoped didn't do any damage. Any way i went to argos and got a labtec wireless keyboard and mouse set for £30. What i was wondering is when i sit at my pc the screen (17" tft) is great at it's top resolution of 1280 x 1024. Howver the keyboard has a massive range and i found is just as responsive 4 metres away but the screen resolution has to be turned down to 800 x 600 to be comfortable to read from that distance. Is there any programme, tweak, fiddle or way round whereby i could switch between the two resolutions with going into the display properties. (ps Sofa is a hell of a lot more comfy than my chair)

bremner 19:30 24 Jul 04

The ATI utility which came with my Radeon card allows me to set up various schemes as you describe - what card do you have?

jonnytub 19:33 24 Jul 04

fx5600, going to look into the utility, thanks bremner

jonnytub 19:37 24 Jul 04

excellent, found a profile utility that allows me to choose between the two by clicking on 2 little boxes in the taskbar. thanks again bremner

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…