Different screen areas for different applications

zip it 19:37 20 Oct 03

This is the first time I have posted anything to a forum so sorry in advance for any breach of etiquette.

I currently have my screen area set to 1024 x 768 pixels (my personal preference). I have a few applications that look better in 800 x 600 which require me to change the screen settings back and forth to use them.

Does anyone know of a way that I could set these particular applications to run in the smaller area without changing the default screen area or effecting other applications that may also be open.

I have searched though the forum, including resolved subjects but did not find an answer (although there is a better than average chance I haven?t used it properly so second sorry in advance).

Any advice would be appreciated.

O/S - Windows 2000
Monitor - 17?
Graphics Card ? Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti200

Tim1964 22:20 20 Oct 03

I have a shortcut on my taskbar for my display settings, right clicking it brings up a list of all the available options for resolution. One click and it's changed from 1024x768 (everyday use) to 640x480 for the kids games that are much better at a larger size.

Check your 'display properties' for your graphics card and select 'show settings icon on taskbar' option or something similar.

I would guess NO you can't have differenr resolutions on the same screen at the same time.

powerless 00:39 21 Oct 03
  Djohn 01:19 21 Oct 03

As far as I can remember, when I was using 98se I had my normal applications at a resolution of 1280x1024 and any other applications that required a smaller resolution by default would change automatically.

With a CRT monitor you can use the controls on the monitor itself to change the size of the display. All you need to do is have your graphic card set to "Optimal". Then open an application such as "Word" or any windows program, adjust your monitor to fit the full display on screen, save and exit.

Open a game or other application that has a default resolution setting of say 800x600 and do the same thing again. That is, adjust your monitor controls to fill the full display on screen, save and exit.

From now on you can switch back and fourth between the two applications and the resolution will change but your display will adjust to fill the screen area automatically. It will stay this way for as long as you keep your graphic card set to "Optimal".

My monitor had ten user settings for this type of thing, I think most monitors have a similar amount. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…