different screan resolutions

end 04:21 26 Oct 04

cannot find my original thread on this so;

does this mean anything to anyone?

what if anything is the difference between
Western European ISO and UnicodeUTF8 ?
I have been looking at the screan codings on both tower and lappy to try and resolve why the lappy"s layout is more "pleasing " than the tower.
on lappy the pages are fitting without having to scrowll but the tower means I have to scroll from left to right with some sites to see the pages properly;

I have not attempted to adjust anything, but am just wondsering why the page sizes are different between the two machines :)

if I can find my original thread on this I will post it , but at this time of the day it is elluding me:(

crx1600 04:33 26 Oct 04

check the display resolution of both machines, perhaps one is 800x600 and the other 1024x768,

control panel\display\settings.

Danoh 04:39 26 Oct 04

is a special code base which is required for Middle Eastern, Iranian, Oriental and other languages, whereas Western European ISO is self explanatory.

Not sure if that has anything to do with the display differences you are posting about.

watchful 07:40 26 Oct 04

If you click on View My Postings link at the top of this page you will see the list of all threads that you have started or contributed to.
You can check this list to see if there are any replies.

If you already know this then I apologize for explaining it.

end 08:21 26 Oct 04

I scoured My Postings in the wee hours for the thread but,,,maybe has been spirited away on the Enterprise:)

and am not yet awake:(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…