Different PC's where are files kept?

collinsc 10:46 05 Feb 08

This is just out of interest...

If i log on to this PC, create a file and send to recylce bin it will remain there nexgt time i log on to the PC right...

If i log on to the PC next to me- it will do the same.

Where will these files actually be stored and for how long? eventually will these files not use up valuable memory!?

thanks

Technotiger 10:54 05 Feb 08

If put into the Recycle bin, they will stay there until you empty the bin. If the bin gets really full, this would be using space on your drive - not memory.

woodchip 11:13 05 Feb 08

Some programs like Norton Utilities used to be able to say how long before they was deleted. File Recover was also in the above. But Norton as gone down hill as far as I think. You can clear the trash bin at any time, but if you are new to computers it may be better to do it just once a week

collinsc 11:14 05 Feb 08

yes- of course. I meant memory,..

I just wondered- do companies not clear this space out?

there are loads of PCs ive use over the years- so somewhere on various PCs i've probably got lots of unused files!

Technotiger 11:19 05 Feb 08

Hmmm - *over the years* so probably over that time, many other things have taken place on those computers, resulting most probably in removal of the files.

collinsc 12:02 05 Feb 08

good point...!
i was just intrigued...
resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…