different files?

MAD_MIKE 22:24 19 Jan 07

connected up external hdd,loaded paragon partition manager2005,when disk info came up i noticed that new hdd was formated to fat32,but files on internal hdd are ntfs. can i change the fat32 format to ntfs so that i can tranfer files over from int,. to ext.,hdd.

woodchip 22:29 19 Jan 07

Yes with the XP File System changer. But backup all first. I would also suggest you get Acronis True Image and Create a Image. Just in case you want to go back to the Original.

Joe R 22:30 19 Jan 07

ensure external drive is connected, right click on my computer, select manage-disk management, right click on drive or partition you wish to convert select format, ensuring ntfs is selected.

Dan S 23:07 19 Jan 07

You could format it this way, but there's really no need to; an NTFS based system can read FAT32, it's only when you have a system such as Windows 98 on FAT32, that's when you've got trouble.

You can transfer files too and from your hard drive as they are if you like. The only real reason you'd absolutely need to format your external HDD would be if your files had security permissions applied to them by Windows which you wanted to maintain, for which an NTFS file system is a requirement for maintaining security.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…