Different Email address on multiple computers help

slimbo51 14:48 26 Feb 05

I have 2 computers and wish to set up different Email address's for each one.

The 2 comps are connected together by a router on NTL Broad/B.

Have got a new account name and password from NTL, but when I input the info onto the second machine it will not allow it to connect.
It comes up with the standard error message that it canot find the server.

Does anyone know how to get round this prob.

Many thanks for any help.

LastChip 15:34 26 Feb 05

Which operating system?

Do you mean you have a new NTL ISP account or a second NTL e-mail address?

FelixTCat 15:53 26 Feb 05

The new account name and password should probably be put in the email client.

slimbo51 20:06 26 Feb 05

Sorry Outlook express for Emails.

Second NTL Email address.

slimbo51 20:06 26 Feb 05

Op sys is XP Pro.

FelixTCat 20:08 26 Feb 05

Can both pcs access the internet OK apart from this email issue?

slimbo51 20:14 26 Feb 05

Yes normal use of net is fine.

mtall 21:00 26 Feb 05

ISP based email addresses can not be installed on deferrent Pc's which connect on the same account. I tried it and failled. why not try Yahoo, hotmail etc which you can take with you wherever you go?

Alright mate?

LastChip 21:26 26 Feb 05

I have seven different e-mail addresses on one of my machines and all can access via the same account. Equally, I have others on other machines for my family, also accessing via the same network.

Make sure that in the Outgoing server field, you have this server;

While in this page, check the Incoming server is;

and then you simply make sure your user name and password are correct. Both authentication boxes should remain empty (un-ticked).

Remember, one comma instead of a full stop, or a mistyped password is all it will take to screw up a connection, so take it slowly and recheck everything very carefully.

slimbo51 09:23 27 Feb 05

Have checked and rechecked your comments Last Chip, but still getting "Unable to find server" error.

The reply from Mtall seems to imply its not poss to have different Email address on 2 comps running from just 0ne incomming line.

LastChip 12:35 27 Feb 05

As I explained above, I have exactly that configuration on my own network and it works fine.

You could try this. Check the routers address and specify it in the Outbound server field. In other words, if your router address were for example, instead of entering smtp.ntlworld.com. you would enter;

For the purposes of clarification, the above is only an example, you must enter your own routers address.

Failing that, what happens if you create accounts for both addresses on one machine? Can you access the accounts OK then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…