Differences between MS Office 2007 & 2010

anchor 09:25 AM 26 Aug 11

My cousin in Wales teaches at a local college of Higher Education. He has MS Office 2007 on his home PC and has been informed by the college that their computer system is soon to be upgraded to Office 2010.

He has asked me if I know what are some of the principle differences between the two versions. I have no idea, but feel sure that some of you will know. Thanks for your help.

duncan_pereira 09:34 AM 26 Aug 11

Nothing worth shouting about. The changes are only minor and most people will not be bothered by them. The 'ribbon' has been changed and there are new tools like a screen capture app but other than that, the learning curve for using it will be minimal

Taff™ 09:44 AM 26 Aug 11

From a user experience the differences are minimal. In Word for example some of the ribbon menus are slightly different for advanced tasks such as mail merging and setting personal preferences. In Outlook I have noticed a more marked change in the menus and ribbons. Setting up an e-mail account just seems to be more complicated and finding advanced options in slightly different places is confusing at first.

I don`t think that the average student is going to notice too much. There are more bells and whistles in terms of fonts and colours and styles I think but the overall day to day stuff is the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know