Difference between ADSL and ADSL2

t_searle 08:46 19 Nov 06

I have a wireless router that i have been trying to set up for ages now. I have just noticed that it has ADSL2 written on the front. Will this work like a normal roter. I have set 2 normal wireless networks up no probs but this one says ADSL2 on the front wich neither of the other 2 did. Thanks for your help

Mr Mistoffelees 09:38 19 Nov 06

When ADSL2+ is enabled at your local exchange, whether by BT or local loop unbundling, it will, if you are close to the exchange, offer speeds of up to 24Mbps.

anskyber 10:10 19 Nov 06

Which make and model have you got?

t_searle 18:29 19 Nov 06

Its a Belkin wireless router F5D 7632-4. I have set up 2 of what i thought was the same as the one aboive except it has ADSL2 on the front of it. I cant get it to connect to Virgin Broadband and tried everythinbg else so many times, this is my last thing I thought of. What are the differnces between the 2 and should it affect my setup? Thanks for the help

Mr Mistoffelees 19:18 19 Nov 06

All it means to you at the moment is that it will support both standards. It will not affect it's performance on the existing ADSL standard you are using now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…