differance with usb & lan for web

dfghjkl 22:48 23 Mar 04

hello chaps,i used to use the ethernet connection for my cable modem.when i used the mcafee speed tester i used to get very mixed results.i used to get mainly readings of 150k to 250k and very rarely (one in twelve go,s)about 540 for my ntl 600 connection.i recently changed to usb to free up a network slot and now i get readings never less than 540 and usually more.i have not noticed any differance in surfing or downloading,but why the differant readings? any clues,as i have a new network card now so i could change back to ethernet,but i might stay with usb..xp2500+, msi kt4 board,512 ddr,ob lan and 6 x usb 2.0.xp pro.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:06 23 Mar 04

There are different ways of measuring connection speed. The only definitive way is to download a file and see what speed it is moving. If you can see no difference in surfing/downloading then it might be best to leave well enough alone. On BB a good download speed would be 100kbps....you are unlikely to get 540/600kbps.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…