Diff. between 54/108mbps router on 2.2mbps ADSL ?

I am a little confused about whether to pick a 54 or 108 router, given that my connection is 2.2 mbps (does that mean either will be fine?).I want to run a laptop, PC and share one printer between the two.Also my PC is 18 mths old and has a network card which was installed when built. Is this likely to be a "Slow" version (anyway of checking?) would I be wise to replace it or will it be ok ? (I was going to connect PC to router via cable and pick up connection wirelessly on laptop).
Many thanks!

selfbuild 19:39 20 Sep 05

You won't notice any difference between 54mbs and 108mbs (wireless router that is) if all your doing is surfing the 'net and sharing the odd file between both machines.

Your built-in network card should be fine.

Thank-you- all I want it for is surfing, and sending print documents from the laptop to the PC. It is unlikely that both laptop and PC will be used for surfing at the same time, and def. wont be DL files/progs etc from both at the same time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…