dielers

mark-222751 17:12 18 Oct 03

i keep getting a mesage that to view a page i have to accept a dieler and cant get rid of it i have tried spybot evidence eliminator and even deleted the faverate that it was attached to but it just moved to another faverit i have serched for it in dielers but nothing comes up i thought i hade rid of it a while ago but it came back so i think it is running in the bacground someware but ware
niplag

hugh-265156 20:56 18 Oct 03

this may or may not help you but its my best guess.

try clicking start.run and type msconfig,click ok.

click the start up tab and untick everything except your antivirus and firewall and restart the computer.

as the computer restarts keep tapping F5 or f8 and select safe mode from the list of choices.

when in safe mode click start/search or find and type the name of the dialer(eg/ "sexnow") into the box and delete all that is found.empty your recycle bin.

the registry may also have an entry somewhere.

back it up first just in case,click start/run and type regedit,click ok.

click my computer,file/export and save it somewhere handy(restore the reg by clicking on the saved file)

once backed up click edit/find and type the name of the dialer into the box and it will search the registry,stopping on anything it finds.right click it and select delete.DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE.

tap f3 and it will continue searching again.keep doing this untill it says finished searching.restart the computer.

hope this helps.

graham√ 21:01 18 Oct 03

Download and run Spybot S&D click here

graham√ 21:06 18 Oct 03

I got told off for going in the registry!

click here

keenan 21:24 18 Oct 03

If your using XP, a system restore should rectify the problem.

After restoring , use 'search'feature to check all files and folders for evidence of dialler you should find -none.

hugh-265156 21:26 18 Oct 03

when i first got my computer i didnt know about these things,had dial up and stupidly clicked on everything that popped up on screen and got myself a dialer,lovely!

removed it via the method above.worked for me graham√.

dont understand why spybot didnt help you niplag?

it needs updating often to keep up with the latest ones.

keenan 21:31 18 Oct 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…