Did a virus scan and I need help to remove

Happy1 08:02 11 Jun 03

Real player files. I removed realplayer1 using add and remove to wipe off realplayer. When I did a virus scan last night I noticed as it was scanning, some files were real player media and real player. I removed I thought as couldn't find when I looked. Is it a trojan or spy remnant or cookies hiding somewhere. Symantec never found any viruses or Trojans.

Many thanks for your help. San

Andsome 10:30 11 Jun 03

Im afraid that Real Player leaves all sorts of entries in the register. Don't worry about it, it is not worth tinkering about in the register. You can get rid of any odd bits and pieces by clicking Start/Search and type Real player. Ensure that you hard drive, probably C is selected then click OK. Any references to Real player can be right clicked and deleted.

I would suggest first of all running 'adaware 6 ' downloadable from click here . It is a program that removes spyware from your computer.
Then if that has no effect than get hold of a copy (ifpossible) of Norton Systemworks which is very good at cleaning out remnants or whole programs. Or do a google search for computer file cleanup, I am sure that that will turn up something. I will have a look myself meantime.

I have just looked on google and there are loads of free cleanp tools. Have fun.

Andsome 11:33 11 Jun 03

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL OF CLEANUP TOOLS, I once used a registry cleaner and had to reinstall Windows.

Happy1 22:07 11 Jun 03

Many thanks for your help. I think I will download a copy of adaware 6. It could be useful in the future as well. I will take your advice as well Andsome and not worry about leftovers in Registry. I'll just delete easily accessible bits. San

VoG™ 22:13 11 Jun 03

You could use click here to delete invalid registry entries

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…