Dictaphone to Text

roygbiv 09:57 19 Jan 04

I have a friend who has purchased a Dictaphone (Olympus DW-360) with Digital wave Player software.
She has asked me , if she can use the recorder to dictate, download to PC (straight in a word processor?). (NOT speech recognition).

If this is possible, easy to follow instructions would be great, THANKS .
Alan.

smegs 10:42 19 Jan 04

click here not sure if this is what your looking for!!

DIYgirl 11:21 19 Jan 04

If she wanted to download the speech into a word processor then surely that would have to involve some sort of speech recognition? Or did she just want to keep the sound file on her computer?

roygbiv 12:49 19 Jan 04

she wants to dictate into the olmpus DW-360 (at work) then (at home) download it on PC striaght in to Word processor.

Sorry for the limited info. at the moment (all i have to go on ).
The software that comes with this machine (Digital Wave Player)might have the programe on it ???????? (anyone know?????)

wildrover 14:01 19 Jan 04

roygbiv, I've never found a way of doing this. But would love to know about it if anybody does!!

I know you say NOT speech recognition but that's the only way I have found to do the task. Whenever I need to transcribe recorded text (which I all-too-often do!) I use speech recognition software, i.e. play the recorded text into earphones and repeat into a microphone - saves on typing which i am really bad at!

DIYgirl 14:08 19 Jan 04

Some digital dictation things are compatible with speech recognition software programs. I think that Dragon recomends Olympus machines, but am not absolutely sure--you will have to check. The only way I know of to turn speech into a WP doc is to run it through a speech recognition program, though, so I suspect your friend won't be able to do without one.

The Digital Wave Player is just a little program which plays sound, I think (but am likely to be wrong with this one): nothing to do with speech recogntion, as far as I know.

roygbiv 16:15 19 Jan 04

she has win 98, word 2000, Dragon Naturally Speaking, so i think "plying the Dictaphone in to the headset/microphone is the way to go (not ideal ) thanks everyone so far

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…