The diary of disasters

spikeychris 16:10 24 Dec 03

Monday the 22 of December 1930 son number 1 trips and spills contents of Coke can all over my router/switch, all my machines go down.

Not the end of the world as I have a few more machines but my operating disks are at work and I cant them off the network, still not yet a disaster as I have a laptop, gets said laptop and connects to the Internet direct, places laptop on floor whilst I pop upstairs. Places half full glass of Jack Daniels at side of laptop.....

Son number 2 kicks his ball at glass...glass pours contents onto laptop..laptop died a death I hope to have, come my day.

What to do? strips laptop down and gets hairdryer out, puts back together but no joy

Finishes off last of JD in a pint pot and remembered I have a cannibalized laptop under stairs, switched HDD processor, RAM and other bits and pieces but keyboard is shot and the case is literally snapped across the middle. Plugs in USB mouse and external keyboard (typing with now) gaffer tapes the case and I'm in business....

This has to be the least tech approach I have ever taken but one that has finally got me online....

When I finally unchain my kids and let them out of the garage I should be running "proper".

Merry Christmas.

Chris

LeadingMNMs 16:13 24 Dec 03

lol

powerless 16:16 24 Dec 03

No comment.

rawprawn 16:21 24 Dec 03

Which just goes to show, you should always drink Jack Daniels out of a pint pot should you be in need of inspiration.
Merry Chrismas

seedie 16:22 24 Dec 03

Cheer up and smile, things could be worse - a new year starts soon.

CD

Forum Editor 16:28 24 Dec 03

and all that happened at Christmas time in 1930? I hope those boys have learned to behave themselves, now they're getting on for 80 years old.

spikeychris 16:59 24 Dec 03

FE, first time I've laughed since Monday 22 nineteen thirty...

:o) :o)

©®@$? 17:05 24 Dec 03

i had to read it a couple of times thinking it was one of those funny stories because it said 1930

then i twigged it ment 19:30

make sure you give the kids some xmas dinner, don't want them to get hungry

atleast they tried to mix jd and coke for ya,albeit not it the manner i would

Nellie2 17:05 24 Dec 03

What can I say...... poor you!! If you have been a good boy perhaps Santa will bring you something nice!! :)

Chegs ® 17:09 24 Dec 03

I was just reading thru spikeychris' post and thought "poor b*gg*r!" but had a wry smile,then noticed the date and a big grin appeared whilst I had mental pics of two "senior citizens" bound and gagged,but FE had it 100% in his description...roflmao... :-)

otherwise what a waste!

Bit of hard luck though mate... perhap's stopping pocket money until it has covered the cost's of laptop is in order....

Anyhow... back to my 1.5 litre bottle of JD...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…