Diamond pro 740SB Monitor dead as a dodo

Pappyon 09:31 18 Jan 03
  Pappyon 09:31 18 Jan 03

I reported on here not so long ago about intermittent horizontal ripples appearing on my Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 740SB screen. This got worse recently whereby the ripples changed to waves and the picture started contracting in a vertical manner towards the centre of the screen from the left and right hand side.
Last night the picture disappeared entirely and all I have left is a very thin vertical shaft of brilliant white light down the centre of the screen, which tries to widen but never quite makes it. The monitor is only 14 months old. What has happened to it please?
I have changed over to an old Packard Bell monitor which is showing a picture, so I am assuming it is not the graphics card.
Please bear with me as I know nothing about the technicalities.

Lú-tzé 10:02 18 Jan 03

Get in touch with the supplier first of all and then the manufacturer.

Many monitors come with a 3 year warranty and many manufacturers are quite helpful.

pmillroy 10:02 18 Jan 03

If your monitor is only 14 mths old then telephone Mitsubishi (normally 3 yr onsite warranty) and they will bring you a loan monitor and repair broken one. It certainly sounds like it has failed. Mitsubishi-NEC are brilliant when it comes to support, I have used it twice now, once monitor failure and once my fault.

Lú-tzé 10:02 18 Jan 03

Get in touch with the supplier first of all and then the manufacturer.

Many monitors come with a 3 year warranty and many manufacturers are quite helpful.

BRYNIT 10:07 18 Jan 03

You are right your monitor is a Dodo. The cost of repair would more likely be half the cost of a new monitor. Check the guarantee/warrantee on the monitor it may be longer than one year. If you bought it from new you could try and get the retailer to repair it as it is only just outside the 12 months guarantee.

Read carefully it will help you understand your rights. click here

wee eddie 18:37 18 Jan 03

It would be a good idea if you tried the monitor on some-other system, and also checked you graphics card while your at it.

The vertical line sugests that the signal is defective. This problem could be at either end of the cable.

anchor 16:53 19 Jan 03

Yes, I agree with wee-eddie`s suggestion. If you can, try the monitor out on another PC, to verify a monitor fault.

If this is not possible, or the fault is confirmed, contact Mitsubishi:- telephone: 0870.120.1160

pmillroy is correct, their support is excellent, free collection/delivery & packing, and they even provide a loan monitor. Mitsubshi have a 3 year warranty.

DieSse 16:57 19 Jan 03

This is a monitor fault - DO NOT run it for more than a few seconds in this state, as you can make the damage worse.

Pappyon 17:10 19 Jan 03

Can I still phone Mitsibushi even although the monitor was part of a system I bought from MESH, and on which I have a 2nd and 3rd year return to base warranty. Please reply tonight if possible, as I am phoning first thing tomorrow morning

To be frank I think I would rather deal with Mitsubishi especially if they lend you a monitor,

Anchor
While I have not been able to try the Diamond Pro on another system. I am using another monitor on my system, and while it isn't very good, I don't think it has anything to do with my PC. I just think it is too ancient to run properly on my machine.

I would like to thank everybody for replying to my post.

anchor 18:04 19 Jan 03

Pappyon: It certainly does sound as though the monitor is faulty.

My Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 730 was part of my Evesham system. When it went wrong at the latter part of last year, I called Mitsubishi and had no problem in obtaining service.

Call Mitsubishi, and see what they say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…