Diamond 56.pro V90 MODEM

Hunky 04:25 09 Apr 04

Any help with loading this modem?
To a 98SE system?
Upgraded from a 95 to a 98SE operating system.

Gongoozler 07:39 09 Apr 04

Is this the SupraExpress 56i V Pro. If it is, can you tell me more about it, and what your difficulty is.

Diodorus Siculus 09:38 09 Apr 04

You might need to remove it via the device manager (if it is there); shut down the machine, physically remove the modem, restart, shutdown, install the modem to a different PCI slot, and upon restart it should be detected.

I hope that is not too long winded... if you need drivers, have a look at driversguide.com

Gongoozler 09:56 09 Apr 04

The question I asked is important. There are at least 2 versions of the SupraExpress 56i V Pro, with different chipsets. You have to use the correct driver for the chipset. The earlier version was originally supplied with a defective driver on the disk, and should be installed with the later driver from the web site.

Stuartli 10:11 09 Apr 04

I have the Diamond SupraExpress 56i V Pro and have had to update the driver several times in my progress up to XP Pro.

If it's the SUP2560 version there is a driver here:

click here

This is new owners Best Data Products' website for old and new Diamond modem owners:

click here

Stuartli 10:23 09 Apr 04

In between Best Data Product taking over Diamond it was owned by Blue Sonic who quickly dropped any support for the range.

Diamond has produced some of the best hardware modems available and was always one of the brands to aspire to in the 1990s when acquiring one.

Thankfully I was able to use the Windows2000/XP driver version with XP Pro and the Diamond consistently delivers 49.2kbps with Tiscali and 50.7-52kbps with Pipex.

Stuartli 10:25 09 Apr 04

I mean, of course, that once it had ceased owning the Diamond modem brand, Blue Sonic quickly dropped any support for the range on its website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…