dialup connections with no cut off period??

rsturbo 04:06 10 Jan 04

are there any pay a flat monthly fee connections that allow me to connect to the internet without getting cut off after 2 hours?

thanks for any help

Swampy 07:12 10 Jan 04

I used AOL flat rate dial-up for a long time. Yes, I know people say that it's quirky, but I found it to be reliable. I changed to AOL Broadband several months ago now and it's great.
Try an internet search for ISPs and check their terms and conditions.

Sheila-214876 12:32 10 Jan 04

Other than Broadband I agree with swampy, AOL is the only one I know that won't cut you off after two hours. You may get a window that says "You have been idle for some time now. Do you want to stay connected? Yes or No" Just click yes and you are still on. I am on Broadband with NTL but I also have AOL dialup on another machine at £15.99 a month.

woodchip 13:40 10 Jan 04

You are wasting your time looking for a Dial-Up modem ISP that will not cut you off at 2 Hours interval

Sheila-214876 14:34 10 Jan 04

woodchip. Sorry I have to disagree with you. AOL do not cut you off automatically. You can opt to stay connected.

Djohn 14:40 10 Jan 04

Yep, with AOL you can stay connected 24/7. I often did. You very rarely see the message asking if you want to stay on line. Think I saw it twice in over two years, just click on yes if it comes up, another way is to open and minimise a chat room to the task bar, then the message will never come up.

Cybermaxx 16:31 10 Jan 04

Yes, I use AOL flat rate dial-up, and there are no cut offs. I sometimes stay on for twelve hours at a stretch. I'm now looking at upgrading to broadband, because of the very slow download speed of dial-up.

rsturbo 20:35 01 Feb 04

thanks for postings

Mike ® 20:42 01 Feb 04

Sorry if i'm being controversial here, but it takes me about 30 sec's to redial/reconnect. I can't see why people worry about the two hour cutoff.

Eastender 22:22 01 Feb 04

Game Xtra from Onetel 6 hour cutoff £14.99

Eastender 22:24 01 Feb 04

I suppose a link would help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017