dialup connections with no cut off period??

rsturbo 04:06 10 Jan 04

are there any pay a flat monthly fee connections that allow me to connect to the internet without getting cut off after 2 hours?

thanks for any help

Swampy 07:12 10 Jan 04

I used AOL flat rate dial-up for a long time. Yes, I know people say that it's quirky, but I found it to be reliable. I changed to AOL Broadband several months ago now and it's great.
Try an internet search for ISPs and check their terms and conditions.

Sheila-214876 12:32 10 Jan 04

Other than Broadband I agree with swampy, AOL is the only one I know that won't cut you off after two hours. You may get a window that says "You have been idle for some time now. Do you want to stay connected? Yes or No" Just click yes and you are still on. I am on Broadband with NTL but I also have AOL dialup on another machine at £15.99 a month.

woodchip 13:40 10 Jan 04

You are wasting your time looking for a Dial-Up modem ISP that will not cut you off at 2 Hours interval

Sheila-214876 14:34 10 Jan 04

woodchip. Sorry I have to disagree with you. AOL do not cut you off automatically. You can opt to stay connected.

Djohn 14:40 10 Jan 04

Yep, with AOL you can stay connected 24/7. I often did. You very rarely see the message asking if you want to stay on line. Think I saw it twice in over two years, just click on yes if it comes up, another way is to open and minimise a chat room to the task bar, then the message will never come up.

Cybermaxx 16:31 10 Jan 04

Yes, I use AOL flat rate dial-up, and there are no cut offs. I sometimes stay on for twelve hours at a stretch. I'm now looking at upgrading to broadband, because of the very slow download speed of dial-up.

rsturbo 20:35 01 Feb 04

thanks for postings

Mike ® 20:42 01 Feb 04

Sorry if i'm being controversial here, but it takes me about 30 sec's to redial/reconnect. I can't see why people worry about the two hour cutoff.

Eastender 22:22 01 Feb 04

Game Xtra from Onetel 6 hour cutoff £14.99

Eastender 22:24 01 Feb 04

I suppose a link would help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…