dialup connection error

happ 19:21 01 Dec 03

I`ve recently lost the dialup connection panel I
can log on through the start up but if I click on the desktop email icon or I get is an erro panel and occasionally when I turn it off I get an msimn application error which says--
"the instruction at ox77f5210b reference memory at oxooco49f4 the memory could not be written,
click ok to terminate the program.
this is all gobbledigook to me anyone any ideas?
how to get my dialup back and how to get rid of this message. I tried reinstalling ie6 but it will not have it saying there`s already a later one on the system.
thanks eric

MichelleC 19:40 01 Dec 03

What operating system are you?

rawprawn 19:54 01 Dec 03

I'm not sure what you mean by dial up connection panel & I don't know your OS. If it's XP try this
Control panel/network connections/ right click on your default connection/properties/click the options tab/ make sure there is a tick in Display progress while connecting.If you have no connection showing
Omit the quote marks & remember the spaces
Open the CMD Prompt from the start menu or go torun & type "cmd" at the prompt type "cd\windows\system32" press enter
Next type "regsvr32 netman.dll" press enter
Then Type "regsvr32 netcfgx.dll" press enter
Then type "regsvr32 netshell.dll" press enter
After each time you press enter you should get a message Succeeded
Type "Exit" Press enter
Restart your computer.
If you are not on Windows XP or you have a different problem I'm not sure this will help.
Make a backup before you start in case of erroors I hope this will help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…