Dialup connection box

Meshuga 21:20 17 Nov 03

My dialup connection box appears on screen as soon as bootup is complete before anything is clicked to go on line. How can I prevent this please so that it only appears when I require to go on line. Thanks, Meshuga.

©®@$? 21:25 17 Nov 03

first of all it shouldn't be starting at startup

have you got zonealarm installed?

i would download adaware which gets rid of spyware, as spyware can cause this problem

adaware click here

©®@$? 21:26 17 Nov 03

when the dialouge box comes up, where is it trying to go,have you let it access the net and see which website it takes you to.

rent-a-cop 21:29 17 Nov 03

Have a look if there is a shortcut to the connection in your startup folder. If there is delete it. You could also goto start>run then type ms config and have a look for an odd listing or the connection itself in there.

rent-a-cop 21:30 17 Nov 03

no space between ms and config should read msconfig

BarryKeith 21:30 17 Nov 03

Go to "Internet Properties" and tick the box marked "Never Dial A Connection".

Meshuga 21:50 17 Nov 03

Thanks to all who have replied. Tha answers to the questions asked are,I dont have zone alarm but I have preventon firewall,I already have adaware,When the dialogue box appears it just sits there waiting for me to click on Connect
and just puts me on line when I do. I will check out the other suggestions and post back with findings although this wont be `till tomorrow.
Many thanks, meshuga.

woodchip 22:07 17 Nov 03

Go to tools\Options\Connection\ tick the box "Always Dial My Default Connection"

Meshuga 18:29 18 Nov 03

Have tried all the suggestions mentioned above
yesterday and could find nothing wrong with any settings but mysteriously everything is working ok again. Thats computers for you. Thanks for all the advice, Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…