dialphone with headset

nochus 10:48 15 Nov 03

Dear Sir/Madam
How can I telephone out of my PC/Modem using headset and speak in mike.
Both audio and mike work OK in sound properties recording.
I tried the Win98 "Phone Dialer", it dials out but can not use the mice, have to pick up the ordinary phone.
My PC has AMD Athhlon XP1800, 256 ram and 20gb HD, Audio is onboard Avancce AC 97
Thank you, nick

Diodorus Siculus 15:42 15 Nov 03

click here for net 2 phone.

pj123 16:05 15 Nov 03

Forget it! I have two people who insist on talking to me on the phone using their computer modem and headset. It doesn't work. I hang up and won't talk to them unless they call me using their normal telephone line.

DieSse 16:11 15 Nov 03

The Win98 Phone Dialer is jsut that - a phone dialer - nothing more - it's not a way of using your PC as a telephone.

If you have a mic and speaker socket on the modem - you can plug into that and use it as a telephone - but not with the speaker and mike in the sound card sockets.

It's also the same as using a telephone - it's not over the internet connection - it's really just a convenience.

If you want to phone over the internet - that's a different kettle of fish entirely - and a system such as Net2Phone is the way to go - there are a number of them.

nochus 18:20 15 Nov 03

Thank you all for the help.
I will try it if the next modem has sockets

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…