dialogue box which refuses to close

jol 21:00 30 Jul 04

My neighbour has aWindows 98 machine and has an internet problem. When he starts the pc The connection box for explorer opens and refuses to close> wiil not respond to X or cancel commands and will not hide if any other program opens. How does he remove it

end 22:11 30 Jul 04

when did it start and is Norton antivirus installed on the computer? (just an idea)(I presume you mean the dial-up box for connecting to the net?)

jol 22:15 30 Jul 04

Thanks for response. yes norton is installed but may not be working properly as it refuses to open when icon is clicked and it is the dial up connection box I am referring to.

end 22:19 30 Jul 04

??how long has the dial-up box been around and how long have you had norton on there??

jol 23:05 30 Jul 04

Explorer was working correctly after installing Norton about two months ago. I am not sure if his children changed any settings without him knowing.Can Norton be reinstalled and could norton be causing this problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…