Dialogue Box RUNDLL

Yimbo 18:10 15 Dec 09

Every 20 minutes or so, I get a box under the above heading, with the message:

"Error loading C:\Program Files\Common Files\ParetoLogic\UUS2\UUS.dll"

I have no idea what's causing this to keep on appearing - interrupting whatever I'm doing with a loud "gong" sound! Can anyone help me to get rid of this nuisance? Thanks

User-1229748 18:13 15 Dec 09

try malwarebytesclick here

User-1229748 18:22 15 Dec 09

had you installed any of this lot?click here

Yimbo 18:24 15 Dec 09

Just ran your suggested program = no malware items found! I should have added that the dialogue box I referred to above, ends with:

"The specified module could not be found."

roddypoddy 18:33 15 Dec 09
  Yimbo 18:36 15 Dec 09

No, not to my knowledge. I did have Pareto Logic recommended to me - but having asked my fellow Forum members about it, I was wel warned off! So I did not touch it! Funny, though, that this name should be appearing in the dialogue box!!

Sea Urchin 18:38 15 Dec 09

See if ParetoLogic is in scheduled tasks and if so delete it:

1. Go to "Start"
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. Click "System Tools"
5. Click "Scheduled Tasks"
6. Delete "ParetoLogic"

Yimbo 18:52 15 Dec 09

The site you have suggested, gave me an example of exactly the same problem! By following the advice there, Start\Accesories\Schedule tasks I was able to find two items of Pareto Logic origin. I've deleted these and am now keeping my fingers crossed! Dear knows where the the PL items came from! Thanks folks for your help!!

Yimbo 18:54 15 Dec 09

My thanks to you too! Didn't see your post until after I'd done the very thing you suggested!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…