Dialogue box buttons are blank

terendak_uk 10:33 11 Feb 05

Be grateful for help.
PC WinXP Home, no problems until 30mins ago ( nothing changed on PC for a week).
Upon inserting a USB memory stick, the dialogue box that opens....giving choice buttons....has no writing on any of the buttons. If I click one of them eg Open files for viewing, it'll execute normally ( I know where that button is....). Same happens if I click Tools in IE, then Internet Options....box opens but the buttons are all blank. Any advice, please

terendak_uk 11:32 11 Feb 05

So far, in MS database. Any help would be appreciated

terendak_uk 14:48 11 Feb 05

Now IE is "playing" up.........Any ideas, please?

terendak_uk 18:49 11 Feb 05

Perhaps the evening shift have come across this before?

curlylad 19:50 11 Feb 05

Just for a starting point try system file checker , Start , run , type sfc /scannow , click ok then see what this discovers.

terendak_uk 20:02 11 Feb 05

For response....it's a work PC so will try Monday. Just haven't come across this one before. If it prompts for OS disc...I have a "restore" CD...problematic, do you think?
Also, wanted to find out if anyone here had a similar experience....to explain the cause.

terendak_uk 07:31 15 Feb 05

I was worried that it would prompt for the Win O/S disk. It didn't..phew! Don't know what caused it, tho.
Thanks for your suggestion....nice to see an initial one ( only one lol)solving the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…