Dialler won't connect from Explorer or OE

Vlad 17:02 04 Mar 04

Can anyone help me with a mystery? My laptop is running XP Pro and I can connect to bt.yahoo pay-as-you-go direct from their connection manager on the desktop or from the relevant entry in the network connections folder. Having connected I can the run the browser etc. However, if I open Explorer or Outlook Express from the quick launch bar before connecting to the internet, every attempt to connect from the dialler which opens automatically results in the "invalid user name or password" error message from the server. I have tried re inputting the user name and password in the dialler window but it makes no difference. Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks.

Stuartli 17:42 04 Mar 04

Have you got Never Dial a Connection enabled in Tools>Internet Options>Connections?

You can check all the settings from the Settings button on the dialup panel.

Vlad 16:22 05 Mar 04

I had to go offline for a while.

"Always dial my default connection" is checked and the dialler dials the correct number. The machine then actually connects to the server and receives the error message.

This is more of a tease than anything else, given that I do have a work around and can connect, but I would like to know why that particular approach to the dial up is not working.

Thanks for your thoughts and your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…