tobykim 22:18 29 Mar 04

A friend of mine had picked up a dialler and I want to check that I'm going the right way about deleting it. If I make sure first that my genuine internet connection is my default, if I install and run Ad Aware and if I install Spywareblaster will that do the trick, also do I have to turn off system restore before I use the Ad Aware and remove it

VoG II 22:29 29 Mar 04

Your best bet is to turn off System Restore click here (just in case you didn't know) and run (updated) Spybot click here

Then put on Spywareblaster

tobykim 22:36 29 Mar 04

OK thanks I was going to put spybot on as well just to make sure, but I don't know about them anymore I aquired a programme called Roings engine last week, Spybot found so much of it and deleted ran it again and it said I was clear, I then installed ad aware and ran that and it found 56 more entries so I think I'll use the two just to make sure, it also got past spywareblaster

frazky 22:51 29 Mar 04

1st- internet-dialup connections in MyComputer -*Yes* check them and delete intruders.

2nd - Adaware - usually the most comprehensive free service- (pestpatrol may be fully functial limited trial period. *Yes.*-- shouldn't need any further step.

3rd- Train your friend to do regular housekeeping which would include Spybot Adaware Spywareblaster-preventer ( and Pestpatrolscanner-free- if your really paranoid )this includes
OF COURSE these essential 'preventers':- need FIREWALL AND ANTIVIRUS...updated.

4th check+clean registry with jv16...
click here

frazky 23:00 29 Mar 04

might even be listed in add/remove programs window.

tobykim 23:11 29 Mar 04

Thanks for all your suggestions I has a good idea what to do but I just wanted to make sure I know with the Roings engine there was no way I could unintall from add/delete anyway we'll see how we go wish me luck

norman47 23:13 29 Mar 04

This is my post from last week. click here

It was about premium rate diallers. I installed the program from the german web site, dialler control. Every time a program, other than my default I.P., requests a dial out. I get a notification box asking me I want to allow it.

I find it a good tool to have installed. I also use ad-aware, spybot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…