dialing from different phone no to access internet

ecclesk 11:21 21 Oct 05

I have a laptop and a dial up account with tiscali, how can i access the internet from a diffent location/phone number than my usual, what settings do i have to change and will i have to change them every time i connect from a differnt location.

Any help apriciated. thanks

oldal 11:44 21 Oct 05

Log on to "My Account" on the Tiscali home-site .
Select "Other Services" and take option "Change the number you connect from" . BUT as far as I know you can only change this once a month, so probably not exactly the answer you need !!

DieSse 12:07 21 Oct 05

Try it without changing the number - and see what happens. Some of my Spanish dial-up accounts worked from anywhere.

If not ask Tiscali - I feel sure they must have some way of using *roaming* for laptops.

Stuartli 12:12 21 Oct 05

Normally it's PAYG which can be used from any BT phone.

Tiscali uses (or at least used to whilst I had a DayTimePlus dialup account) a 1470 prefix to the dialup number to authenticate the correct telephone number was being used.

Stuartli 12:18 21 Oct 05

These are the Tiscali numbers for its various ISP services (still uses a 1470 prefix except for PAYG):

click here

You need a BT number for all but PAYG it seems but you may/will have to insert a prefix number first, presumably depending on the phone company being used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…