Dialers

BBez 20:59 04 Jan 03
  BBez 20:59 04 Jan 03

my friend travels back and forward to Thailand on a regular basis to visit family. He reckons when he was in Thailand that he could phone the U.K from an Internet Cafe which dialled through the Internet connected PC's for much less than using a regular telephone line.

He is back in the UK at present and has asked me if any such "dialer" software is available to allow cheap call rates from the U.K to Thailand through his Internet connected PC.

I'm unaware of such software but maybe someone can help...

any replies, links etc, thanks in advance...

northamuk 21:04 04 Jan 03

Probably cheaper to get an Asda phone card or even a Post Office phone card and use regular telephone connection.

northamuk 21:09 04 Jan 03

An example: One minute call to Thailand via Asda card 25 pence via BT £1.08.

BBez 21:16 04 Jan 03

Thanks, I think he's already using some sort of credit card that costs him £20 and dials through an 0800 number to call Thailand from UK but he's adament that this dialer software is cheaper.

Thanks for the response, I'll leave the post open then print it of for him tomorrow...

northamuk 21:24 04 Jan 03

There are all kinds of phone cards, some cheap some not so cheap. Asda and the Post Office are among the cheapest. Internet diallers are available, tried Google?

beeuuem 21:26 04 Jan 03

click here
or
click here
which will point you in the right direction

Tog 21:35 04 Jan 03

Do a search in PCA downloads for internet phone (or in ZDNET). I used to use one to chat to relatives in Australia but the quality was always poor. maybe they've improved the software since then.

BBez 11:57 05 Jan 03

thanks to all for the responses, will check out the links and let him know...

siarad 12:25 05 Jan 03

Try go2call click here You phone thro' your PC to an ordinary phone. I used it several years ago when free but there's a small charge now. PC to PC connexions are of course available over the Internet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now