Dialer.12.AG

curlylad 23:28 29 Oct 04

Just ran my AVG and I have Trojan Horse 'Dialer.12.AG' ,AVG suggested moving it to the virus vault but then said it couldn't remove it.I ran AVG again and Stinger with system restore turned off but this still didn't remove it.Also ran ad-aware , spybot , a²free , pcbug doctor . Any ideas ?

Win XP.

Dan the Confused 23:36 29 Oct 04

Try running your software again in safe mode (except AVG, as I don't think it runs in safe mode).

Enter safe mode by tapping F8 key before Windows loads and select from menu.

VoG II 23:37 29 Oct 04

Try all those programs in Safe Mode click here

curlylad 00:44 30 Oct 04

Started in Safe Mode and ran all the programs but it is still there.

Dan the Confused 00:51 30 Oct 04

Can you manually find the virus file on your system?

curlylad 01:21 30 Oct 04

Just went back and updated all my security type programs , logged off and restarted system , I then ran AVG again to find the infected file but this time no virus was found , I then ran stinger and again no virus found so what the hell happened there then ? Non of my programs said that they had found and removed it so where did it go ? Is it still here somewhere ?

curlylad 01:35 30 Oct 04

I just looked for the file from here , my comp , right click C Drive , click explore and traced the file through to the end of the path but it wasn't there , so where has it gone ? Is it because that it was in the Temp Internet Files and I just cleared them out ? Surely it wouldn't be as simple as that , would it ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…