dialer spyware

jonostar 13:11 30 Oct 05

just run microsoft spyware and it found a coulomb dialer .. severe threat.. dont know how long this has been on my laptop.. i have bb 2 meg with bt.. am i gonna get stung with a masive phone bill.. the modem is a voyager 205 connected to my laptop through usb..the modem also coonects a pc through ethernet.. is bb imune from the damage a dialer can do .. i have read through a few threads but find some of them either confusing or contradictory.. yours confused and sc
ared .. craig

ACOLYTE 13:12 30 Oct 05

I wouldnt be to bothered about a dialer with BB,as they use different connections,you may have it on there but i doubt its working.

Taff™ 13:14 30 Oct 05

It can only dial out if your old dial up modem is connected. You should perhaps check with BT Billing if it has been and ask if there are any extraordinary telephone calls to premium numbers.

We can help you get rid of it anyway - keep posting.

jonostar 13:18 30 Oct 05

thanks for prompt replys.. cool .. have deleted it n e ways// will run another scan .. and check my bill.. many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…