Dialer - sending me C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!

AngeTheHippy 18:06 31 Dec 05

Hello Chaps,
I've recently started using a VoIP service - VoIPCheap - excellent, but I **think** it has a dialer in the software - I can't think of where else it's come from. When I go off live, every 10 second the dialing window appears. I cancel it, then sure enough, 10 second later the ballt thing starts dialing again. It's SO BAD that it has even stopped me from turning off the PC! Also, in start/run/msconfig, I've stopped the VoIP s/ware from opening of startup, but it seems to re-tick itself after the next time I turn on the PC. I've used ad-aware, spybot and kaspersky-online to try and detect this dialer, but nothing appears. Any ideas what I can do next?

AngeTheHippy
xx

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:19 31 Dec 05

When I go off live, every 10 second the dialing window appears.

Can you check with your firewall what is trying to dialup?

kro 18:32 31 Dec 05
  johnnyrocker 18:34 31 Dec 05

uninstall and use skype?

johnny.

AngeTheHippy 18:51 31 Dec 05

The only firewall I'm usin, Fruit Bat /\0/\ , is XPs own...it's been fine in the past 3+ years...

johnnyrocker, use Skype? reason I'm using VoIPCheap is because ALL UK, USA,Oz and most of Europe calls are absolutely FREE! I don't think Skype's are, are they?

I've tried Pandasoftware before in the kro, and found it pretty good. I usually use Firefox but Panda only uses IE so in a mo will change browsers and give that a go.... Will keep ya posted!!

AngeTheHippy
xx

AngeTheHippy 20:02 31 Dec 05

scanned the whole PC and nothing at all was detected! It took quite a while to perform this scan, so won't do any others at the minute, cos it's NEW YEARS EVE and almost time to hit the pub.

Any other ideas, please let me know.....

so... H-A-P-P-Y N-E-W Y-E-A-R to EVERYONE who uses this fan-bally-tastic forum, (I haven't drunk any Vodka & Oranges yet, honest)

speak later

AngeTheHippy
xxx

kro 20:12 31 Dec 05

If it is a dialer one of the scans or AV should find it. If nothing is discovered try uninstalling VoIP to see if that clears the problem - if it does you know the cause.

Might pay to run CCleaner as well. click here

kro 20:14 31 Dec 05

Also microsoft anti-spyware click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5