Dialer removal

Uncle Terry 16:11 04 Oct 03

I have installed SpyBot which has cured my home page hi-jacking problem, it has also identified a number of dialers, trackers, trojans, etc which I would like to remove from my computer, my anti-virus does not identify any threat, SpyBot does not appear to clean out all these unauthorised intruders, can anybody recomend software that will clean up all this rubbish please

Jester2K II 16:14 04 Oct 03

Why doesn't Spybot remove them? Any messages?

Spybot has always removed these whenever I've come across them.

Uncle Terry 21:08 04 Oct 03

Maybe I'm not using SpyBot properly but when I get the product list showing all the threats and potential threats I don't any remove keys, if you can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

MichelleC 21:26 04 Oct 03

I always delete everything spobot brings up. It can't get rid of some dialers though. You may have to search for dial.exe and see what it brings up. I've always deleted these too, but often have to do it in safemode.

TommyRed 21:33 04 Oct 03

Uncle Terry
Are you doing this:-
Click- Spybot (easy mode)
Click- 'Check for any problems'
Click- 'Fix selected problems' ensure box alongside is checked and red cross turns to green tick after clicking. Short of that try checking for upgrades. HTH TR

TommyRed 21:43 04 Oct 03

Uncle Terry
Do you run Ad-Aware as well click here I always run it after Spybot it normally finds the ones Spybot can't or doesn't get. If I get something I really struggle to get rid of I use HijackThis click here and you can copy and paste the results on the SpywareInfo forum click here where you'll have to register, but it's all free. HTH TR

keenan 21:50 04 Oct 03

Spybot ,are you using ver.1.2 & after scanning your
threats should show a {tick}in the box,indicating which items it will remove.You then go to 'fix selected problems' button and it removes them.

Ad aware is another excellent free program click here for removing spyware
and comes highly recommended on this forum.

keenan 21:54 04 Oct 03

Must stop making that tea during postings :)

TommyRed 22:49 04 Oct 03

keenan
Great minds think alike, eh. TR

Jester2K II 23:11 04 Oct 03

Ypu have to tick the items you want sorted and then click Fix Selected Items.

Uncle Terry 15:00 05 Oct 03

Problem believed to be solved, many thanks to everybody that helped

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…