dialer problem?

paul1965 10:51 07 Apr 04

last night something took over my pc,not sure what but since then; i cant see the mouse,my favourites keep filling up with the same things i've just deleted,the toolbar keeps disapearing,
the home page is stuck on 'gerblitz.com' not sure of that spelling but its a search engine site.
i ran sfc and use.exe is missing as is setupx.dll
i managed to get back online and wanted to download spybot but something takes over and starts calling the usa then a voice starts talking,then i shut down before anything else could happen.so im on another computer now to write this.

Godfather2004 10:54 07 Apr 04

If you can install stuff on the pc. gte Spybot from click here and update and scan and remove all the nasties.

paul1965 11:05 07 Apr 04

i will try spybot but how do i change my homepage back which keeps getting taken over.
also, do i need to reinstall windows 98 to get back the missing files?

rawprawn 11:08 07 Apr 04

Control Panel/ Internet options. General tab. Change the home page address to what you want.click here for all the programs you may need to clear any spyware if you can get to it.

paul1965 15:22 08 Apr 04

i ran spybot and it found two things which mentioned h-key user in internet settings. how do i get into that?
also does anyone know why my mouse pointer is only visible in some areas of the screen.
also does anyone know why the screen has moved leaving a black line up the left on my other pc and how to fix it?
thanks for your help so far

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…