Dialer Control

uskfisherman 19:52 13 Jul 04

Followind advice some while ago I downloaded this German prog. It now says the free period is up and wants me to buy. I am quite happy to do this if I knew the price, everything is in German however. Can anyone tell me how to find out the price please.

Smegs 19:54 13 Jul 04

What software is it??

Smegs 19:56 13 Jul 04

Try installing the Language pack for windows.

Zak 20:17 13 Jul 04

9.90 € per year

click here

I assume the link for buying the licence is via the software.

The Dialer Control pages are not that explicit!

If you search with Google there are still Freeware versions available, 1.2.6.131 being the last as far as I am aware.

Mikè 23:16 23 Aug 04

I have 1.2.6.131 and it doesn't offer any protection under SP2.

CHAIRLEG 23:32 23 Aug 04

click here this help.

CHAIRLEG 23:39 23 Aug 04

Sorry. click here

mgmcc 23:46 23 Aug 04

The original copy I downloaded said quite clearly in the Licence Agreement that it was "free" software - I still have that install file.

However, I believe I may at some point have clicked the "check for updates" button and got a later version, because I also suddenly found it stopped working and demanded registration and payment to continue using it.

I uninstalled it at that point. Yesterday, I thought I would try reinstalling from the original "free version" installer but I have since installed SP2 and, as Mikè says, it doesn't work with XP SP2.

maz2 00:12 24 Aug 04

I installed this on a friend's PC a while ago and last week it went berserk, everytime she switched on the internet connection box came up and if she didn't connect it just kept opening loads of blank pages and the only way to get rid of them was to shut down, I've uninstalled it now and put spywareblaster on

CHAIRLEG 00:14 24 Aug 04

The click here above is a different option.

uskfisherman 10:34 24 Aug 04

This is certainly a complex subject. I got over it by reinstalling and being careful not to go for an update. In any event event I have now gone on to Broadband So the need of a dial controller does not arise and I have removed every reference to it from my PC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos