dialer admin - download error #2

ed9999 00:24 25 Feb 05

hi, does anyone know what this message means and how i can stop my explorer from falling over?

thanks

ed

curlylad 01:28 25 Feb 05

Can we have a bit more info please. What operating system are you using , when does the error message appear is it when you launch internet explorer or when you boot up or perhaps when you click on a program to start up.Also is that the EXACT error message or is there more info when it appears.How long has this been occuring and have you downloaded any programs lately.

If you have an Anti Virus please do a full scan then report back , if you do not have an Anti Virus then I suggest you download a free one from AVG which you can get here click here , run the Anti Virus program then post back and we'll take it from there !

curlylad 01:33 25 Feb 05

Sorry I didn't explain my link properly , if you wish to download the AVG Anti Virus from the link , click the link then when page opens on the left hand side of the screen you will see a series of small red squares the bottom one of the set is AVG Free Edition click on this and follow instructions to download your free AVG Anti Virus program.

Gandalph 02:41 25 Feb 05

If you type error #2 into Google it comes up with 30,900,000 various possibilities. It could be a Memory error, something relating to Direct X, or it could be something related to anti-spy ware you are running,the list seems endless. click here

ed9999 17:42 06 Mar 05

hi guys, yep thats the whole message, it only happens when im in explorer and then happens every 30 seconds or so, if im writing an email this means i lose all text and have to start again, if im just surfing the page disappears and this message pops up - a full window not a dialog box. its very frustrating. latest thing is my antivirus (norton) which was shipped with my vaio laptop (and XP) has now reported serious problems (its telling me its been "tampered" with)and is asking me to reinstall, hard as i dont have the disks - guess ill speak to sony. incidentally this happened straight after i installed some antispy software from the PCAdvisor website. thanks for help so far and apologies for delay in responding - not using my machine until fixed - at parents now using theirs! cheers ed

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:55 06 Mar 05

Sounds like you have a sialer trying tto ring out whenever you are connected.

Run latest update fron A squared free (a2) click here

also type msconfig in the run box look under the startup taband see what programs are running any you don't recognise untick the box or post here for advice.

ed9999 18:18 06 Mar 05

thanks for that, ive downloaded programs as suggested and will try on my laptop tomorrow.
will login if virus protection working again!
cheers ed

Jak_1 19:33 06 Mar 05

Start > search. Type in diallers and begin the search, delete any instances of them. I take it that you are on dialup internet, you do not get this problem with broadband. Also check your details in internet options that the right dialup number is as it should be. Diallers have a nasty habit of changing your isp's diallup number to a premium rate number without you knowing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac