Dial Up window appearing, counting down in seconds

Halmer 19:45 17 Jan 05

Ocassionally when I boot up my PC an Internet dial up window periodically appears but not every time. It shows my old Modem details before I moved to B/B. I don't want to delete the entire modem connection as I have very ocassionally used it when B/B has been down.

It counts down in seconds in the left hand corner. if I cancel it it disappears; if I leave it it counts down to 0 and then disappears without any action.

I have no Spyware etc as far as I know and the details (phone no. etc.) seem valid. It's just an irritant but can anyone advise me how to stop it appearing please.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 21:13 17 Jan 05

Have you set IE connection settings to Never dial a connection?

Also what software do you have that has auto update features? These may need setting alterations for the updates to also reflect you are 'always connected' etc.

Halmer 22:32 17 Jan 05

I'll try it and post back tomorrow.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:15 20 Jan 05

Did this resolve?

Halmer 22:09 20 Jan 05

Sorry for not getting back.

I couldn't connect at all after I'd done this so I reversed it.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:34 21 Jan 05

You say you are on broadband so it surprises me that changing that setting would stop your connection as you should not need to dial up. Which ISP ?

Halmer 20:45 21 Jan 05

I'll have another go and report back thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…